Monday, April 28, 2014

Torturous Screams

      Earlier I sat here pondering what I was going to rant about tonight. I had an adult beverage, discussed the work day doings with Charmed One, and finally came up with something. 

      Then we went to walk the dogs. 

      I had headed for the living room where Charmed had the dogs ready to go when I heard a blood curdling "AGH" out the window. The following conversation ensued.

      Me: "Did someone's face just get ripped off?

      Charmed: *Sigh.* Stares out window watching screaming person.

      Me: *Walk up to window and watches person who screams as if they are being tortured. Said person walks a few steps and screams "AGH" again.* Then I ask. "Is he screaming at people?" *Looks around and thankfully sees no one in near vicinity.*

      Charmed: "I'm calling the non-emergency police number."

      Me. "Okay." *Keeps watching said crazy man walking up street continuing to yell at top of his lungs. *Shakes head.*

      There are many times when we get a chuckle about things happening outside these windows. This is a touristy city, so you'll have that. But this is the first time we had to alert the good men and women in blue. If I had any doubts I saw six police cars and vans roll by within the next five minutes. 

      I don't know if they found that individual, but I was reassured by the police presence in such a short time. 

      I know I have times when I want to yell in frustration at the top of my lungs. But I hold it in, or vent to a friend. I don't purposely set out to wreak havoc upon people, or cars, or animals, etc. All I know is I'd like to track this troubled guy down to thank him for some interesting moments this evening, and providing me with a subject for this rant. :)

      Have you ever overheard something that made you think someone was being harmed? Have you ever had to call the police on someone? What do you do to relieve frustration?

      

No comments:

Post a Comment