Thursday, July 12, 2012

Finding Happy Through Query Hell


  This week I am writing and sending query letters to agents. This week my muscles are tense, and my head is throbbing. J This is a huge step in trying to get my book published, so I am hoping to get this perfect. Sadly, I am finding this process a little depressing, and that is even before I get a rejection! Well, since depressed is a state that I do not care to be in, I found a little happy to combat it.

  How did I do that? Thanks for asking! Let me tell you…

  I find some happiness in a certain food. It is a comfort food to me, and over the past couple of weeks I have ate waaaay too much of it! Yes this food has sugar in it, and yes I gave up most of my sugars. Most is the key word in that sentence. My happy food the last couple of weeks has been...ice cream. The Charmed One laughs at me because I buy one of those tubs that have vanilla and chocolate mixed equally throughout. You know…vanilla on one side, chocolate on the other? Anyways, I like to let it sit out, get real soft, scoop it into a bowl, and then stir it together until it almost becomes a milkshake. Yum. I’m thinking about it now. But I can’t. I had some earlier. My figure is starting to show how much I enjoy it, so I must quit. Soon. Yes, that’s it, I’ll stop very soon!

  Another thing that makes me happier is getting back to my second book. I am happy when I can just sit here and write. Part of my great escape not only is in reading. It is in writing also. Scenes float in and out of my head all the time, so I am happy when I get to finally sit and put them on the computer screen! Anyways, I am excited to get back to the story of Logan and Autumn. Logan is the hockey hunk, in case you forgot. Well, he has some concussion issues, and ends up in Autumn’s home. Autumn juggles time with her child, her business, and now a gorgeous hockey hero with some serious issues. In a few short scenes I hope to have them at a moment like this… Yes, writing their story is making me giddy!

  Finally I just want to say that YOU all make me happy. This is my 50th blog, and the stats are making me happy. You all coming here puts a smile on my face. I know that everyone has their own things to occupy their time. And I know that everyone has their ups and downs. I just want you to know that I appreciate each and every time you come here and read my rambling. I hope I make it worth your while, and maybe even put a small smile on your face. You all put a smile on mine! THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart.

What puts you in a better mood? Do you have a comfort food you go to? Is there a comfort food with low sugars? Have you ever submitted a query letter?  Do you have any advice? J

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!!!

W.P.I. - If you are planting in a container, and live in a hot climate, you can line the inside of the container with bubble wrap. It helps to insulate the roots, and keep them at a cooler temperature! 

2 comments:

  1. Keep at it! It's entertaining and fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Read On! I will continue on, and thank you for coming back!

    ReplyDelete