Monday, September 17, 2012

Priceless Conversations


  So many times we get subjected to conversations that we might not want to be part of, but sadly we have no choice. People sometimes talk loud, or include you in their conversation whether you want them to or not. Sometimes when this happens to me I love it, others…not so much. Either way some of these conversations have stuck with me enough to make it into my ramblings here. I named my blog ‘A Day in the Life.’ Well, here you go. These are conversations from different days of my life, and I hope they will bring a smile to your face.

  Unfortunately the Charmed One has had some death in the family over the past few months. A recent phone conversation went something like this…

Charmed One’s Mother: “You know death comes in three’s, right?”
Charmed One: “So they say mom.”
Charmed One’s Mother: Sigh. “I’m just saying.”
Charmed One: “Ma, have you designated yourself to be the third?”
Charmed One’s Mother: “Well, I’ve been shopping around because I don’t want you kids                                                                                                                                                                         to get stuck. Ya know?"
Charmed One: “Mom, have you been coffin shopping? Do they have like a Coffins-R-Us? I seriously think you have too much time on your hands.”

  We took my mom on a cruise a few years back. The whole experience provided many unforgettable moments. One is from my mom. Sorry mom!

The morning we were to set sail we left the hotel and started the long process of boarding the ship. We finally made it to our room and started to unpack. Excitement rang through the air until…

Mom:“Where’s my money?”
Curious looks ensued from both the Charmed One and myself.
Me: “What are you talking about mom?”
Mom: “My money! Could it have fallen out of my sock from inside my shoe?”
A frantic frenzy ensued with mom and her sock.
Charmed One and I in unison: “No!”

  I overheard the next words come from two ladies walking past me the other day.
“Flip flops are the glass slippers of the south!”

  The Charmed One was on the road this past week. I received a text asking me to send a picture of the Buffalo Bills shrine. I simply scratched my head because I knew of no such thing. A while later the phone rang. It was no surprise to find it was the Charmed One asking me about the picture. “I have no idea what you are talking about,” I stated. The Charmed One stated that in the corner of the office was a Buffalo Bills shrine. (That’s the Charmed One’s favorite football team.) I walked in to find the smallest of tributes to the team. There sat a helmet, a framed holograph ticket, and an unopened box of cards. I started laughing uncontrollably. So much so that tears found my eyes. I do believe that is the world’s smallest shrine! J  

Have you heard, or overheard, any good ones lately? Care to share? Have you ever heard of anyone bargain coffin shopping? Or carrying money in their socks? Do you think my mom’s will forgive me for this blog? 

No comments:

Post a Comment