Monday, March 18, 2013

Green Vs Pink= Potential Disaster


  So I probably mistakenly named this blog A Day in the Life because strange or funny things happen to me. Or so I thought. It seems when I started this most funny or crazy things abandoned me. Or some things did happen that I couldn’t really blog about. Sometimes crazy happens to my mom and I would love to tell you about it, but she doesn’t really care for me to tell the world about her misfortunes. Imagine that.

  And finally something happened that I have to share. I really do believe that things like this happen to me because I see the big picture and not all the little things around it that make that picture what it is. What am I rambling about? I’m going to tell you a story about two colors, pink and green. Those are two colors that just don’t go together, so don’t try to mix them!

  Months ago I blogged about getting tickets to see one of my favorite singers, P!nk. I saw that she was going to put on a concert in Charlotte and jumped on tickets as soon as they came out. Did I think about the date she was going to perform? NO. There starts the problem. The date to the concert was March 16. Eerily similar to my favorite holiday, St. Patrick’s Day.

  Did I ever tell you I’m not big on crowds? I can do a concert every two or three years. I did one St. Patrick’s Day parade years and years ago. Of course Charlotte’s parade was the same day as the concert. You can see where this is going, right? Yea.

  We arrived into the hustle and bustle of the towering buildings, mass transit, and sea of green about an hour and a half before the concert. As soon as we parked we realized our hopes of all the St. Patty’s day people being drunk and home was just a pipe dream. There was a pub crawl put on and everyone that joined in got these t-shirts. If I counted them it would've been in the thousands. All we wanted was a drink or two before the concert and that proved to be waaay to hard. People hovered in doorways and rooftops of every restaurant and pub for blocks and blocks. And blocks. Parched is a word that comes to mind.

  Finally relief came when we found a restaurant with a small bar and even smaller minded bartender. Alas we grabbed a drink. We’ll leave the poor barkeep out of it, that could be another blog topic altogether. The place was packed but we enjoyed a beverage and headed to one of the best concerts I have seen in quite some time. I had thought of P!nk as one of the artists I most look up to. Now I truly idolize her. And I’m too old for that! She put on a great show highlighting her true vocal and acrobatic talent. She just proved to me what I thought all along, I think we would be very good friends! Her stage presence was powerful, her personality undeniably magnetic. She rocked, she rolled, and she brought tears to my eyes with a powerful version of one of her songs stripped back to just her and a guitar. I can’t begin to explain how great the concert was. It made me forget about the drunken zoo just outside the arena.

  So there it is. Something I looked forward to for a long time clashed with another one of my favorites that I enjoy more from afar than up close. It could have been a recipe for disaster, yet I couldn’t imagine it turning out any better!

  Did you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? Have you ever gone to a St. Patrick’s Day parade, or a pub crawl? Do you think there should be an age limit to idolizing someone? 

Care to follow me elsewhere? 

No comments:

Post a Comment