Thursday, June 13, 2013

Checklist

  It is 10:32 p.m. when I started writing this. Various emotions are swirling through my mind. I'm pretty much exhausted. I contemplated for a few minutes on just re-posting one of my older blogs, but you deserve more than that. 

  I'm getting such a late start because I was packing. Before packing I was doing laundry, feeding hoggish hummingbirds, mowing the lawn, setting timers for sprinklers, and watering vegetables to name a few. Before packing I had to go shopping to get suitable outfits to pack. I'm exhausted my peeps! 

  Early in the morning we will take off and head back to New York. It has been a year and a half since we've been back, but I have a nephew who is getting married. I guess it it time. The wedding is an outdoor wedding. I pray that it will be nice out, but it is New York we're talking about. It will be interesting. 

  Friends and family told us to bring jackets. :( For the record it has been in the upper 80s and low 90s here. Jackets are not high on my list. So put a check mark next to the jackets and sweatshirts. I had to shop for an adequate outfit to wear to the wedding. I'm not a big shopper, but it was actually fun. Put a check next to the wedding wear. Then I packed the essentials- shorts, tee's, sweats, jeans. Check, check, check. Check off the personals and the shoes. 

  Also check off the Apples to Apples game, P!nk CD's, and the ever important Nook. A check is marked next to the computer and the notebook I sometimes write the current novel in. 

The happy couple!
  I think I'm almost set. Only a few more hours we will be on the road. This time the road leads us to a happy couple who will take their next big step in life.

  *As I write this there are very unfortunate people that are trying to pack their lives into anything they can and get out of their homes because of the wildfires in Colorado. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you during this horrific time. 

  When was the last time you had to pack? Did you have a check list? How many items did you forget? Do you have any tips that make packing easier?  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment