Monday, March 24, 2014

One Word

            One word.

            I have one word that I absolutely love. It is a word that has so many meanings. That is one reason why I love it.

            You could find this word defined as “to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so.” Or, “to have confidence or faith in the truth of (a positive assertion, story, etc); give credence to.” Those definitions came from dictionary.com.

            Do you know which word it is yet?

            A few years ago Charmed came home and put this nice little paperweight thingy on my desk. You see, the Charmed One knows sometimes I lack self confidence. And believe it or not, just looking at this little paperweight brings a smile to my face, and makes me have a little more faith in myself.

            Have you figured out which word I am talking about yet? HINT: I have used this word one time so far in this rant. J

            Okay. Okay. Here it is…

            Yes, the word is believe. I just got it tattooed on my arm, as a matter of fact. Well, the tattoo is of a quill that just finished writing the word believe. The writer in me needed another little something, so I tied the quill in with my favorite word. I’m happy with it, even if it hurt a wee bit more than the last one.

            Someone asked me the other day believe what? There are so many ways I could go with that answer, but I just said, “Yourself.” (The jokester in me wanted to say, Santa Claus. J) I’ll admit that at times I don’t believe in myself enough. I sometimes lack confidence. (You’ll possibly hear more about that in Thursday’s blog.) The writing life is a long and sometimes frustrating one. At times I wonder if I am just wasting time trying to get published. I wonder if I really suck at this thing that I want to make it so bad in. Sometimes I do get down when I realize I didn’t win another writing competition, when the numbers of views for this blog are down, or when no one responds or likes anything I put on the KRW facebook page.

            Those periods of feeling like I’m a loser don’t last long. If you feel like this too just remember… We can’t let them last long. We have to pick our heads up and put one foot in front of the other. We have to believe in ourselves. Right? Because we deserve that belief. We can’t let life beat us down. We rock. We are good people, and we will not let anyone or anything keep us down. We will conquer! It may not happen overnight, but we will overcome our doubts and fears. We will be the person we see inside our heads. J


          What is one word you like above all others? Do you have tattoos?   

You can also follow me at:

or

No comments:

Post a Comment