Thursday, July 18, 2013

Playlist

  I made it! I am in Atlanta, and by the time this is published I will have been to the “Readers for Life” Literacy Autographing. I’m sure for Monday’s rant I will have many stories to tell. For now let’s just say that I am here and I am trying to find some green inside this concrete jungle.

  I don’t want to overdose you on my little trip so let’s talk about something else. Let’s talk about music today, okay? I’m not the techiest person on the planet. A couple weeks ago while visiting a friend I noticed this tiny speaker that was emitting sound as clear as day. When I inquired about it my friends told me it was playing the music off their iPhone. How cool!

  My MP3 player has been… misplaced. I did have my music on a cloud though, so I just put them all on my phone. Can you see Kelly stepping into 2013? It just so happens I have been listening to a lot of music lately, so I’ve been downloading songs to boot. Now we went and bought one of those neat little speakers, and at any given time you may see me dancing and singing throughout the house. Thankfully the neighbors are far enough away that they can’t see this, because it is funny.  
I may look like this when I'm into it!

  I listen to just about everything. Since starting this writing gig I realize that many writers have a “playlist” they listen to while writing. I’ll admit that during my first book I listened to Breathe (2AM) by Anna Nalick a lot. Broken by Seether was my song of choice for my second book. I guess I’m more of a one song type of person when it comes to my preference. For me it is hard enough to find one song to fit my thought process! I do find it amazing that certain songs go hand in hand with novels.

  When I actually listened to the words of this next song I couldn’t believe how they fit into the story I’m writing at the moment. The song is entitled Clarity by Zedd, featuring Foxes. Not all aspects of the song are perfect, but I’d say 95% goes. If you haven’t heard it here is the link to the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxxstCcJlsc (Sorry about the commercial in the beginning.)

  For fun I’m also listening to Phillip Phillips, The Lumineers, Imagine Dragons, and Mumford and Sons. Oh, and P!nk. I’m always listening to P!nk. If I stray to country I go toward Carrie Underwood, but I will say I haven’t listened to much country the last couple of years. Some of my older rock favorites are AC/DC and Aerosmith, stuff like that. Then, if you really care to know sometimes I listen to Irish music!

  What is on your playlist? What is your music genre of choice? Do you know if your favorite authors use playlists? Are you techy?


W.P.I.- I have been fortunate enough to see many butterflies lately in my flower beds. Plant nectar rich flowers like beebalm, butterfly weed, cardinal flower, coneflowers, daisies, Joe Pye weed, milkweed and mallow to attract butterflies to your garden. These are just a few examples of plants that attract butterflies. To learn more visit your local cooperative extension office!

No comments:

Post a Comment