Thursday, November 14, 2013

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like...

            Have you noticed that nearly everywhere you go it has taken on that… festive look? I’m not talking about the Giving Thanks look either. I’m talking about the It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas look.

            Every year the push for Christmas gets earlier and earlier. I noticed one box store put decorations out at least three weeks before Halloween. I recall the days that retailers would at least wait until after Halloween. Heck, I can almost recall when they were put out more near Thanksgiving. I miss those days.

            Don’t get me wrong. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I've searched the radio for any station playing Christmas music. And, I’ll admit, I've been watching the seasonal movies on the Hallmark channel. It is helping to get me in the spirit. Very slowly.

            My neighbors have decorated outside. Driving down the road at night their house is lit up so bright it could be seen from space. Okay, maybe that is an exaggeration, but not much. I’m holding off for now.

            This may be the first year I haven’t rushed Thanksgiving. I want to enjoy it more. Sadly it has become the forgotten holiday. I don’t mind looking at lights and decorations, but for the first time in a very long time this house won’t be decorated until after turkey day.

            It got me thinking…


Do you mind retailers selling Christmas decorations and stuffs earlier and earlier every year? Is there any way to stop them? When do you bring out the decorations?

Weekly Planting Information- I found a fun plant fact for you today! Did you know that archaeologists have uncovered evidence that grapes were grown to make wine about 8,000 years ago in Mesopotamia (today's Iraq), although the ancient Egyptians were the first to record the process of making wine about 5,000 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment