Thursday, April 5, 2012

Peep Nation! Happy Easter

Happy Easter my friends! 



  I thought I was just going to write a little Easter blog. It was going to be short and sweet, and I would wish everyone a Happy Easter and we would all be on our merry way. Then I googled Peeps and got educated. Oh my! I never knew that Peeps have their own world. Maybe it is because I never really ate them. My oldest brother has always liked them. I guess it was because I'm a girl, and really love chocolate, so I didn't pay much attention to them yellow marshmallow thingy's. :) Here's some interesting facts that I learned:

  •   There are over 200 Peeps fan sites.
  •   There are Peep eating competitions. (Not sure what I think of that one yet!)
  • Peeps have a two year shelf life. (Not sure what I think of that one yet, either.)
  • Americans consume over 600 million Peeps each Easter.
  • Peeps, not jelly beans, have been the #1 non chocolate brand at Easter for over 20 years.
  • 1 Peep=32 calories, and has 0 fat grams.
  • Peep Jousting is placing two Peeps on a plate facing each other in the microwave for about one minute. Stick a toothpick in the chest of each Peep. Whichever Peep lances the other first wins. (Who came up with this? And yes I will try it!)
  One other thing that fascinated me was how many recipes included Peeps. I say this every day...People are creative!

 
This is a Peeps Yum Yum Platter. Interesting.

Or
  
  PEEPSicles anyone?

You can find these recipes at:

I never knew we were so Peep happy. Some recipes are more complicated than others, feel free to check them out. Maybe you'll be as amazed as I was! 



I hope you found amusement in this blog.




 I want to wish you all a very happy Easter!



No comments:

Post a Comment