Monday, October 1, 2012

Snarky Man Crush


  Do you have a touch of snark in you? I believe we all do at times. Honestly though I think the word snark was created after these two guys hit American television. To me they are the kings of snark, and I love them. What comes out of their mouths doesn't bother me, because I believe they speak the truth. They are sarcastic, they are moody, and they are critical. It doesn't hurt that they both happen to have an accent that I adore. That’s right; this is where you find out just how crazy I am! I’m rambling about two of my crushes today, and after I’m done I hope you don’t hold it against me.

  Snarky man crush number 1: Simon Cowell.

  Honestly, is there another person in America that tells it like it is like Simon does? I mean, come on…

  “If your lifeguard duties were as good as your singing, a lot of people would be drowning.”

  Or how about this one?

  “That was terrible, I mean just awful.” He said that referring to a contestant in season one of American Idol.

  Even better yet…

  “If you would be singing like this two thousand years ago, people would have stoned you.”

  That last one really cracked me up. Bad. It just brought pictures to my head! Have you had enough of him yet? I had been going through Simon withdrawal so I’m glad to see his happy face on the X Factor. I mean, I could go on, but I do want you to come back and visit again. Now, whether you love him or hate him this next picture should soften your heart a wee bit.

  Snarky man crush number 2: Gordon Ramsay.

  I believe the first time I saw Gordon I raised an eyebrow. I heard him talking to some wanna-be chef and every other word was bleeped out. Instantly a corner of my mouth turned up. My curiosity was peaked, and so my love of Gordon began. Born in Scotland Gordon also commands my attention with his accent. His snark is sometimes as bad as Simon’s, but there is just something about Gordon that gets to me. If you are unfamiliar with Gordon his television shows include Kitchen Nightmares, Hell’s Kitchen, and Master Chef. Often times he can be heard on Hell’s Kitchen with such snark as…

  “You stupid donkey!”  (I love donkeys!)

  Or…

  “If you sauté scallops in a non-stick pan, they won’t stick. That’s why it’s called (bleep) non-stick. I didn't know what non-stick means in Texas sweetheart but (bleep) me.”

  I guess if I were giving the winner a job salaried at $250,000 I’d make sure they knew what they were doing and could handle snark from people too.

  Yes, both of these guys are snarky to the hilt, and I love it. Their snark makes them who they are in a way. Both of them have a certain something that makes me all warm and happy! Could they be that successful without the snark? Probably, but it wouldn’t be nearly as entertaining now, would it?

  Are you a fan of snarky people? Do you love or hate my snarky man crushes? Do you have a snarky side? 

No comments:

Post a Comment