Thursday, October 11, 2012

Very Superstitious


  I seem to title my blogs to song titles. Did you ever notice that? Hmm. I wonder what that says about me. It probably says nothing about me, but in my pea-for-a-brain I think it means something. Maybe the songs that run through my head have something to do with what I am subconsciously thinking about. That sounds good. I’ll stick with it. So, without further ado, what do you think I’m rambling about today? That’s right, superstitions. But I am not going to talk about the regular don’t walk under the ladder type.

Trust me, mine did not look this good!
  When I was younger I never really thought about being superstitious. I personally thought it was a bunch of hooey. I mean really? Come on seven years of bad luck for breaking a mirror? Isn't that extreme? What if you are just a klutz? I heard all of them when I was younger. Yet even though I may not have believed them they ALL scared the living daylights out of me. Rest assured I walked around every ladder, and handled any mirror with two hands. I don’t even remember what I did if I spotted a black cat. As I grew older those superstitions left me. They've been replaced by really wacky things that I call my own superstitions.

  Years ago when I was young I played sports. I don’t think I realized it at the time, but I used to eat the same meal before every game. I guess I believed that if I were to eat any other food then I was for sure to have a lousy game. I cannot disprove this because I don’t recall eating anything other than linguine with butter sauce before games!

  There’s also the wearing of the clothes. I have to wear certain clothes to different events. I don’t know what it is but different functions call for certain clothes. At least in my mind they do. Heaven forbid I wear my job interview clothes to a dinner function. Oh my… I would be all sorts of discombobbled.

  Are you starting to see how my crazy mind works? I call these my superstitions because I don’t know any other way to explain it. Here is one final one. A couple of weeks ago I visited a blog. The author talked about never being sick, then getting sick, and self diagnosing. I knew better than to respond to that blog. But I had to, right? I didn’t want to be rude! So I did. And ever since then I have had a nagging pain in my abdomen. Finally, after two weeks I made myself go to the doctor. Guess what? I have an unknown illness. That’s right, who knows what it is. It’s one of these, “If the problem gets any worse call me,” types. Ah well. I knew better than to touch that dang blog!

  So yes, that is how my pea brain works. By my thinking I am very, very, superstitious!

  Are you superstitious? Do you go out of your way to avoid carrying mirrors? Do you have your own superstitions about clothes, or food? Or anything?

Please people! Don’t make me think I’m the only one!!!

W.P.I. - In addition to being the best time to plant most springtime flowering bulbs (e.g. tulips, daffodils, crocuses, irises, etc.) as well as trees and shrubs, many perennial plants and vegetables can be divided in autumn. Dividing most perennials – once they're sufficiently mature – will both make them healthier and create multiple plants out of a single one, all for the cost of nothing more than a little light labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment