Thursday, April 11, 2013

Shopping List


  The only reason I ever leave the house is because I have to somewhat function in this world. Trust me; I would pay two to three times the normal amount if my chiropractor would make house calls. Sadly, he won’t make the trek up here to Podunk. I guess one way to look at it would be that I am saving myself money by having to get out of the house. Crazy? Yea, that’s me on a daily basis. Welcome to my world.

  You see, I have to think of things like that because lately when I step out of this house I lose hundreds of dollars at a time. GULP. Yea. Had I have known I would've bought stock in Lowe’s Home Improvement stores years ago. I hate to think about the amount of money I have spent in that store. I’m not just talking a can of paint here, a bird feeder there. NOOO. I’m talking about bigger things, like kitchen flooring, and most recently a washer and dryer. Not only that but the little things add up fast too. The Charmed One just asked the other day, “What did we buy at Lowe’s for over $200.00?”

  Yes, sadly, that’s us. I swear that every time we leave this house all the local merchants ears perk up. “I hear them! It’s them, I can tell by the sound of the car. Are they coming here? Oh goody, goody, they’re pulling in here. Folks here’s another hundred dollar sale. Now try to be nice to these patrons even though the red head can be…grumpy, sometimes. At times I think these two single handedly keep this store in business. Oh thank the heavens they picked us this time. Do-be-doo-be-do. These two may make my bonus possible this year.”

  Well, maybe it’s not that crazy, but it sure feels like it. I don’t know how people do it. It is just the two of us and every time we go to a grocery store the bill is in the hundreds of dollars. I can’t even imagine how it would be if we had kids. Listen, we use coupons… sometimes. We don’t buy extravagant things. We don’t always use name brand items. It just adds up. And quickly. I honestly don’t know how a family with a couple munchkins does it.

  So now you know one more reason why I try to be as hermit-ish as possible. I’m trying to figure out a way that I never have to leave the house, but things just keep popping up!

  Do you like being out and about, or cooped up inside? Can you go to a store and spend under $100.00? Do you have any hints to keep from spending an arm and leg at a store?

Weekly Planting Information (W.P.I.) - I went to plant some plants for a hedge today. That stopped when I found out the ground was nothing but rock. Now I have more work to do to prep for those plants. Whether for a border, screen, or fence, the right selection of plants is important. Several factors must be considered, such as size, shape, and foliage habits of mature plants and their requirements for the best growth. Of course, with any plants, the proper soil is the key ingredient!

Feel free to follow along at:

No comments:

Post a Comment