Thursday, May 9, 2013

Happy Mom's Day!

Sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission!

   She’s the one who brought you into the world. She’s the one who coddled and swaddled you. She acted as your nurse, teacher, and best friend. She has seen you through the good times and bad, through life’s ups and downs. I don’t know how you feel about it, but I don’t know where I’d be if it wasn’t for my mother!

  My mom taught me to tie my shoes, my abc’s and 1,2,3’s. She taught me right from wrong, and that two wrongs don’t make a right. She picked me up when I fell down, cheered when I ran the fastest. Through each of my heartbreaks she held me close and taught me that life will go on. She shook her head with my refusal to wear dresses, and put up with my tomboyish ways.

  When I was my ugliest she was most patient. And that was a lot. Like all those years when I thought I was always right, when indeed I was nothing but a teenager. When I was hurt she was right there with whatever I might need. She guided me, taught me patience (which took years to sink in), and most importantly loved me for me.

  The years my mom was all into flowers and plants and I would quickly turn and run in the other direction. It seemed like as soon as I moved out of state I found a new interest in those plants. I’m sure that probably frustrated her, but she would never say so. At times I thought if I were her I’d want to kill me. She tried to teach me to cook. She was once named the Betty Crocker Homemaker of the Year, an accolade that would run far and fast away from me, but I did learn the secret stuffing recipe that I will make sure my nieces know as well.

  I hope one day I can be half the woman she is. She is one of my best friends, and like all those years she would do anything for me, I would do anything for her. I am fortunate to have a mother like her, and glad a part of me is from her.

  To all the mothers out there… Happy Mother’s Day!

  Cherish this day, and all others. Don’t ever forget that we love you!

  Do you have plans for the big day? What is the best Mother’s Day present you've given/received?

W.P.I. - One-fourth of the flower and plant purchases made for holidays occur at Mother's Day, according to the Society of American Florists. Fresh flowers accounted for 63 percent of the purchases. Another 35 percent were in the form of outdoor bedding and garden plants, and 22 percent were flowering houseplants. Another 12 percent of the overall purchases were for green, indoor houseplants.

No comments:

Post a Comment