Monday, September 9, 2013

Moments Of Happy

            My weekend has consisted of ice for fifteen minutes followed by heat for fifteen minutes. Every.Hour. That’s right, my neck and back issue continue, but I’m not going to talk about that. I think I did enough of that in my last rant. I’m also reading the book Manic, by Terri Cheney. It is about how someone with manic depression thinks and acts, how they view situations during their ever changing stages. This is research for my next book. With that being said all of this has had an effect on my mood.

            I like to be the happy go lucky type. I am most of the time, but for those times I can’t pull it off I try to do things that make me happy, if only for a little while. After leaving the chiropractor office Friday I strolled over to nearby Cold Stone Creamery. I don’t do a lot of sugars, but every once in a while it is called for! I enjoyed a Cream de Menthe milkshake and went about my day. Happy found me.

            Certain television shows always bring a smile to my face. If you follow me regularly you know I like shows like The Golden Girls, and Sex and the City. For the most part they are happy shows. They make me laugh.

            Lately I have found another show that brings out my happy. So I may be, oh, I don’t know, centuries late on this one, but I have found a love for Lucy! That’s right, I have finally allowed myself to sit and watch some episodes of the old black and white show. I.Love.It. The Charmed One will walk into the room and see me watching Lucy get herself into another mess and just laugh at me. I don’t know why it took me years to get into the show. All I know is that now I can’t get out of it. Every morning when I wake up I turn on I Love Lucy and start my day off laughing. How can I not love a fellow red head that grew up in a town close to mine? I just can’t believe it took me some forty years of life to figure out how great that show is!


            Do you have a show that always makes you laugh? What do you do to find a little happy? What are you reading at the moment? Has it ever taken you years to figure out how good something is? 

No comments:

Post a Comment