Monday, November 4, 2013

New Addiction

        I have a hobby that is slowly becoming an addiction. Like anything that I feel may be taking over my life I'm trying to control myself. Again, at least it is just a hobby and not anything destructive to my body. Spending the past week in Savannah and not being on the internet much has made me realize I can control myself. I think. What is taking up my time most nights? Pinterest. 

        I've been on Pinterest for a while. Sometimes I really get into it. Sometimes it seems I don't bother with it. Those days haven't happened in a while. I'm not one of those that pin a ton of recipes, or clothes, or homey type stuff. No. I have an array of things I pin. Recently I started a couple new boards. One is entitled Eye Gandy. Since he is the next hero I will write (one day) I have a plethora of pics of David Gandy. One of the latest I've pinned is this...


        I've also started a board entitled Reading Funnies. These are pins mostly about books, or reading, or being nerdy. They are basically pins that bring a smile to my face. Here is an example of one of the latest...


        One person has rocked my music world recently. The first time I heard the song Royals my hair stood on end. The singers voice was phenomenal. It made me turn up the radio and listen close. Then I wanted to hear the song over and over again. When I heard the lead singer was only 16 tears came to my eyes. She is already incredible. I can't wait to listen to her for years to come. Here's my latest pin onto Favorite Singers...


And here's a link to the video. For those of you who haven't heard her I urge you to give her a listen. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Then maybe you can help me to describe her voice...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlcIKh6sBtc

        For those of you who come here often you know I like ink, er, tattoos. I started a board entitled Ink. This is one of the latest pics I've pinned that people seemed to like...


        I also recently started a board simply called Fall. Autumn is one of my favorite times of the year. On this board I pin pics from pumpkins to ravens to this...


        I have various other boards from birds, to favorite books, to Ireland, to hunks who could be heroes in my books. Come on now, we all need visuals, right? And since I am a romance writer I also have a board that has several pics like this...


        So there you have it. My new addiction. If I'm not working, or writing, there's a good chance you can find me on Pinterest! Well, in moderation! Oh yeah, you can see my hobby world here: http://pinterest.com/kellyryanwatson

Do you do Pinterest? Did you like the song Royals? What are some of your favorite type boards on Pinterest? How do you control possible hobby addictions?


        




No comments:

Post a Comment