Thursday, April 25, 2013

That's No Excuse

Kelly is!!!
  It was bound to happen sooner or later. I don't know how I let something like a blog post being due slip my mind. Leave it to my bird brain to forget such a huge thing. So YES, I'm sorry. I promise it won't happen again. 

  I hope. 

  So, how could I forget something as huge as a blog? Hmmm. Do you want the truth, or can I make up something cool and fascinating? Well, if you know me you know I will blame it on someone or something else, right? Because it really isn't my fault. ;)  

  *Takes deep breath and focuses*

  My blog is late because...

  My dog ate it. Too lame? Yea. Sorry. 

  Let's see if I can do better.

  It's late because I had to do one last revision on book 2 before I sent it to my... TA DA... editor! 

  It's late because I had to take time out to mourn a goldfinch who kamikaze-ed my dining room window yesterday and died. 

  It's late because I had to put moth balls out testing the theory that it will keep snakes away.  A robin has built a nest in the same spot she did last year where a snake came along and ate her poor babies. Instead of removing her nest so she would find someplace else we put out moth balls. I'm hoping this theory proves to be true.

  The blog is late because maybe I bartered a deal with my dog groomer. My girls got beautified while I agreed to beautify the groomers yard. Little did I know said groomer had bed upon bed upon bed that needs help. I've been designing like a madwoman and researching plants that are pet friendly. She has five dogs that roam freely in the back yard where most of the planting needs to be done, so we need to be sure that nothing we put in is toxic.

  I'm late publishing this because my parents visited for a week. Hence, I put everything else on hold. The stress built, and since they've left I've been frantically trying to get caught up. 

  And last but not least...

  I plain forgot. I lost track of the time.

  And apparently the day... :(

  I'm sorry. Yes all of the above are actually true with the exception of the dog eating it. Can you find it in your hearts to forgive me? 

  Have you ever forgot an important commitment? Have you ever had one of those hectic, hectic weeks? Do you have any ideas to keep snakes away? 

W.P.I.- If you have plants that are late to bloom give em a whack! Seriously, take a broom, or just use your hand, and give them a gentle whack. You may think I'm crazy, which I am to a certain degree, but I heard this once and tested the theory. I had some Red Hot Poker that wasn't blooming, so I roughed em up a little so-to-speak. Within a week they were blooming bright and beautiful!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment