Monday, April 29, 2013

Let's Talk


  Eyes stare out the window while bodies sit uncomfortably on hard plastic. The only sounds heard are that of one person talking or pens and pencils scratching against paper. Once in a great while you can hear the second hand of the large clock sound off a tick tock. Long sighs define a certain boredom setting in. Suddenly the one person who’s allowed to talk starts spouting questions. Questions that one person wants you to answer. Heart rates increase, eyes feel like they’re the size of half dollars, a spattering of perspiration collects on the forehead. Gulp. That’s right; the teacher has called on you!

  If that question was directed at me one other thing happened. My face turned fifty shades of red. What’s that, you don’t think there are that many shades of red? Oh contraire my friends. Just ask any of my classmates, they may remember. Every time I was called on in class, whether I knew the answer or not, my face would turn beet red. My head would start to throb, my mouth would turn dry. But the worst was the blood rushing to my head. Why did that happen? Did the other parts of my body miss it when it left them? I don’t know because I was concentrating on answering the damn question posed to me, and trying to keep my head from exploding.

  Melodramatic much, Kel? Well, sometimes, to push my point across. ;)

  Certain friends and family say that happens because I have red hair. I don’t know if there’s any truth to that or not. I will say that as I have… aged… it’s not nearly as bad as when I was young. But still there are times when I’m talking to someone and I can feel the temperature rise in my cheeks.

  Why am I writing about this? Glad you asked.

  The life of a writer is sometimes a lonely one. We live inside our heads a lot with characters that we create, conversations that we make up, and places we would like the whole world to visit. We have family and friends, but we spend a lot of time on the computer. A computer doesn’t show if your face turns red if you’re asked a question (except if you Skype, of course.) A computer doesn’t allow people to know that you are super shy.

  When I first started visiting a few different blogs I was hesitant to answer questions posed. Heaven forbid someone try to “see” the real me. Or heaven forbid that I let the real me be seen. I started responding to a couple, ever so slowly. Now I visit two different blogging sites a day. I’d probably visit more, but I don’t have the time. I almost always respond to the questions asked.

  Do you see what is going to come next? :)

  I have some peeps that I know come here and read my rants. You don’t know how much I appreciate that. But I just wanted to let you guys know that you can make comments. You can respond to the dopey questions I ask. It’s okay. I don’t expect you to comment on every blog, once or twice a year is fine!

  To those of you who have commented I thank you! I know it is a lot to ask that you come here to read my blog, let alone talk to me too! I’m just sayin… It can be lonely here at times! I could take a picture of my goofy grin when I’m alerted to a comment here, but I want you to come back! That’s all.

  Does your face turn red with embarrassment when asked a question? Have you tried to make a comment but got frustrated with the hoops you have to jump through to do so? What other blogs do you visit? What book are you reading right now?

You can also join in on my crazy at:
  

No comments:

Post a Comment