Thursday, June 6, 2013

If I Could Talk To The Animals

  Everyone has a talent of some sort. Really. I believe it. It may be minor, like, oh, I don’t know, walking and chewing gum at the same time. I say that’s minor yet I’m not sure I can do it. Hmm. Now I’m getting off track. *steers herself back* There, that’s better. What am I rambling about today? My talent.

  I talk to the animals. J

  Now hear me out before you think I've totally gone off the deep end.

  I have two dogs who are my children. I’m totally in tune with them, and apparently I didn’t realize how much until recently. One of the dogs is a rescue. The other night she came in the living room and sat off to the side of me. After a few seconds I noticed she was staring at me. I looked to her and said, “What’s the matter girl, do you need some water?”

  The Charmed One happened to be in the kitchen and heard me. The next thing I heard was, “Are you for real? There is no water in their dish.” Within a couple seconds Charmed started singing, “If I could talk to the animals…”

 For the record the other dog, who is completely spoiled, gives the water bowl one swat when it’s empty. It’s almost as if she is saying, “Damn people, is it too much to ask to have a bit of water in the bowl?”

Me talking a cardinal back to life after it hit a window.
  Recently I did a landscape design. It turned into a big project so I sub-contracted a landscaper I know. I was setting the plants out where I wanted them planted and a male cardinal was singing away. Within a couple seconds I found myself answering his call. I swear they say, “Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheese!” The cardinal answered me back every time! Here I am hollering about cheeseburgers while the landscapers stop what they’re doing and look at me. One of them started calling me Dr. Dolittle. Little do they know I talk with the birds all the time.

  One last quick one. The really spoiled dog of mine does not like the new furniture we got. It seems that it is a little taller than the last couch we had. Now that she is a little older she has lost some of her gusto. When she wants to get up she’ll stand there and stare. Both seats on the end are recliners. I’ll tell the Charmed One she wants the drawbridge up, so Charmed raises the foot rest of the recliner part way and up goes the spoiled one! When she wants down, if Charmed isn’t paying attention, I’ll say, “Drawbridge down, peas!” The dog then slides down the bottom half of the recliner and gets down.

  So now that you know a little more about my crazy life I’m sure you’ll think your life is normal, huh? At one time my bf told me we are the only normal ones! Heh.

  What is your special talent? Are you in tune with your pets? Do you try and figure out what birds are saying? Do you answer them? J

W.P.I. - The landscape I designed was pet friendly. My client has five dogs that roam freely in the back yard. All plants are non-toxic and free of thorns. They are more durable to animal traffic as well. Do you have any plants in your yard that could harm your pets?


  

No comments:

Post a Comment