Thursday, May 10, 2012

Hero Worthy?


  If you read my rant, er, blog, on Monday you knew there was a chance that I could end up sitting on a jury this week. I, along with 70 other cheery people showed up at Podunk County Courthouse. We sat for an hour, were let go for an hour and a half. We came back for an hour and a half and let go another hour and a half for lunch. See a pattern here? I quickly realized I should go to work for this Podunk state. To make an exhaustingly long story short I was one of the fortunate ones who got picked to sit on the jury. That’s right my friends, twelve seats to fill with at least 70 people to choose from and I was one of the lucky ones.

  I guess the whole experience will make it to a blog one day. For now I want to talk about something different. Something that when I say the word you will automatically think…BORING! I want to talk about research. Sitting there watching lawyers, clerks, police officers, and a judge the last few days got me thinking about how much research people do. Those lawyers do extensive research. So do judges. I do research sometimes at my paying job. Doctors do research. Many careers require research of some type. Heck, I do quite a bit of fun research for this blog! I do quite a bit for writing, too. I am going to share with you some great, fun stuff I have come across researching. One of these guys will be the hero in my next book. This is research I love to do, and I know you’ll enjoy too!

  Ladies...without further ado, let me introduce you to my next hero. I don't know which one it will be yet, and all leave me questioning...









What's he doing with his hands?





















Does he need need a massage to go with that stretch?
















Why aren't you smiling? Life is too short to be that serious. Can I help with something? ;)









Ho hum. Decisions, decisions. Actually, I don't know if any of them will work. Maybe I have to get my nose back to the grindstone, and research a little more. I believe I stole one of these from Jill Shalvis. Thanks! Jill has very good taste. Check her out sometime. Until then tell me...

Does your job involve doing research? Do you like it? Which one do you think my next hero should be? Or do I maybe need to keep searching?      :)

W.P.I.- Many spring blooming shrubs liked to be pruned right after they bloom. They usually start setting their buds for next years blooms directly after their flowering is done. This applies to many, but not all spring bloomers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment