Monday, May 21, 2012

Peaks, Valleys, Mother Nature...Part 2


  All day long I knew I had to write this blog. I have subjects that I am going to get to, but for some reason today I held off. I kept thinking something is going to reach out and grab me. It will say, “Blog about me!” Imagine my surprise when it did. It not only grabbed at me, it scared the living daylights out of me. This is actually something that ties into the last blog. Bonus! Er…did you read the last one?

  I have told this story one other time, but I need to tell it again so you get the full effect. I’ll make it short, I promise! Okay, here goes. I grew up with three older brothers. Needless to say I was tomboyish. Whatever my brothers were doing you could count me in. Sometimes that involved playing with things like, oh I don’t know…snakes. I never minded snakes until one day I got off the school bus and my brother yelled for me to check the mail. I opened the mailbox and there was one ticked off snake in there. It was coiled up and hissed at me. From that moment on I have had nightmares about snakes. I cannot stand them. Even though the one in the mailbox was just a garter snake it might as well have had fangs with venom dripping from them. The nightmares that ensued have lasted for years.

  Come back to the last blog. I went on about watching a couple of American Robins build a nest just outside of the kitchen window. I educated myself on how long it took to build the nest, and how short of a period it was before the babies were born. Then my hatred of nature started when the babies disappeared. I knew something got them because they were too young to fly.

  It was beautiful outside today. I did some outdoor jobs for a while and came back in. I grabbed an apple from the refrigerator and stepped over to the sink to rinse it off. As I peeled the sticker off of the apple something caught my eye out the window. I looked up and let out a very loud scream. (Just so you know I am not a screamer. I usually chuckle when I hear someone screaming.) I got so freaked out I became paralyzed with fear. *gulp* Outside my window was about a six foot long black snake looking at me. I cannot make these things up, I swear. After I realized it wasn’t in the house I calmed down a little. Well, enough to grab my phone and take some pictures.

  I guess my darkest thoughts about what happened to those baby Robins was true. Deep down I knew that was the only thing that could get them.

  Needless to say I will never come out of my house again. EVER. I did find a new concoction that helped though…Seagram’s 7 Dark Honey and Tension Tamer tea. It is a match made in heaven! 




What kind of critters live in your area that may make you scream? Did your siblings torture you? Do you have any accidental concoctions that you came about? Come on, spill peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment