Monday, June 25, 2012

It's A Dog's Life


  *Clearing throat*…eh, hello. My name is Savannah. I know that name shouldn’t come as a shock to anyone that knows my momma, or reads this blog. Er…anyways, my momma told me that I had to pull my weight around here, and contribute one way or another to this household. I’m not quite sure what that means. I guess that for today it means that I am writing my own ramblings to you.

  If you read the blog “Cavalier Queen,” you know it was from my sister’s point of view. She speaks the Queen’s English. Me…not so much. I speak with more of a deeper voice, and I kind of sound like Scooby Doo. Don’t mock me, that’s just the way that I am. You see I am a little bigger than her, which makes my barks louder and my voice deeper. Aw shucks, I guess I rambled. Sorry folks. Okay, so let’s get on with it, shall we? This working thing is keeping me from my nap.

  So my momma thinks I need to contribute more. I guess I need to remind her that I do plenty of work around here.

I protect my sister…


 I do paperwork…




I also do inspections. Here I am making sure the groceries are all safe.


   I also do special things to make people laugh. Once, while staying with Gramma and Grampa, I took all of my cousin Kate’s toys (she’s a Jack Russell Terrorist!) and put them in a straight line across the living room floor. It took quite some time to accomplish, but I did it. A perfect line. Momma said not to tell that story because she can’t find the picture to go with it. I felt like you needed to hear it anyway.

  Another thing is my uncanny ability to tell time. I know I get fed at six o’clock every night. One minute after six and I start to get antsy. I tap dance across the floor. My whole body starts to wiggle, and I talk. Sometimes I even say, “Momma!” I can feel my body get weak as the minutes pass. Don’t worry. I’m relentless in my pursuit for food. I will not take no for an answer.

 You see, I really do believe that she forgets how much I do around here. I can’t help it she always sees me taking a nap here or there. My hard work warrants it!

  Oh no, I hear thunder. I have to go! I gotsta find my momma to comfort me, I really don’t like the loud noise. Thanks for listening!
So, tell me about your pet(s). Do you have dogs, cats, fish, pigs, etc.? Are your pets “working” pets, like herding dogs, or no? Did Savannah do well enough on her first blog to warrant another in the future?
   

2 comments:

  1. Those doggies are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They are spoiled rotten also, but they deserve it! All the animals do, right?

    ReplyDelete