Monday, November 5, 2012

The Podunk Way


 



 Often times I jokingly say I live in Podunk. Often times I’m only joking. I truly do believe I live in Podunk. I mean really. Can you go to a park and find all trucks in the parking lot, like this? I am not joking however, when I tell you there was at least twelve trucks in the lot. Honestly there were no cars to be found anywhere. Including mine! :/






 I saw this today (Sunday) and some major questions came into my head. First of all… Who puts a dryer on top of a small SUV? Secondly… How many people did it take to put that up there? 
Third… One tie down? Seriously? And… And… Someone drove like that on public roads? Are you kidding me? In what universe is that considered safe? Obviously in Podunk universe, that’s where! ***On a side note, I tried to get a closer, better picture, but I did not want the owners of this contraption to get suspicious. Trust me when I tell you it was all I could do to keep a straight face when I saw this!***




  Last week it was my niece’s birthday. I happened to be in the store when I texted her birthday wishes. Since I happened to be in the meat department I found this special treat. Well, I took a picture of it and sent it to her saying that is what I got her for her birthday. A question about this is since when did chickens develop paws? Have I been taught wrong my whole life? I thought chicken had feet. Dogs and cats have paws. Donkeys, horses, and cows have hooves. Right? Did something change along the way? Did chicken develop paws somehow? I will admit all of the chickens I have seen still seem to have the same footing they always had. What would constitute a change in such a major feature?



 These are just a couple of examples that I have run across lately here in Podunk that have either made me laugh, shake my head, or just wish our house would sell all that much faster! I hope you enjoyed my little rant.

  Do you live in a town that could be considered Podunk? What is the weirdest thing you have seen attached to the top of a vehicle? What is the strangest thing you have found in your local grocery store?

On another side note… I have started to text my niece other strange grocery pics. I think it makes her love me even more! J

No comments:

Post a Comment