Thursday, November 29, 2012

Tis The Season For Christmas Movies Fla La La La La


  Well, we have raced through the first eleven months. Now we turn the corner toward The Most Wonderful Time of the Year! Thanksgiving is behind us and Christmas is fast approaching. Are you ready? Have you started shopping? Decorating? Are you tired of it all already? Well, maybe a movie will help. Sit back, relax, and take in the sights and sounds of the many movies of the season.

  As a child it was the cartoons that I loved the most. I believe my favorite was Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Of course A Charlie Brown Christmas was always on as well. Who couldn’t appreciate the wonder of that teeny tree? Now-a-days you can find similar trees in catalogs for a small sum. Who woulda thought? It wasn’t all about the reindeer or the Charlie Brown gang, no. There was a big green nasty machine called the Grinch too.

  Somewhere along the way they made the Grinch cartoon into a movie. I will admit I have seen it a few times. I am not a movie connoisseur by any means, but when it comes to Christmas movies I do like to watch a lot of them. With so many to choose from where do I start? I guess for classics I like Miracle on 34th Street, but a couple others are in the running as well. Coming into the not quite so old movies I loved Home Alone. I swear I would have to watch that one about three or four times during the season. Now my all time favorite has to be National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. Every year on Christmas Eve I would watch it at least once. Then I would watch it periodically throughout the year as well. It is just one of those movies that make me happy. There are so many Christmas movies out there I could go on and on, but for your sake I won’t.

  If movies aren't your thing, are books? There are many great Christmas books that come out every year. I just finished a Christmas book by one of my favorite authors, Robyn Carr. I owe my writing infatuation to her. Every year I will immerse myself in a few festive books.

  If you can’t tell I am one of those people that really enjoys the Christmas season. I love the music, the cartoons, the movies, and the books.

  Do you love the spirit of the season? What is your movie of choice? Do you have a favorite Christmas book? Have you decorated yet?

W.P.I. - Raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and other such berries perform best in rich, loose, well-drained soil. Depending on the type of soil you have and whether you need to adjust the pH (blueberries need an acidic soil of pH 4.5 to 5.0), you may want to spend fall preparing the soil and wait until spring to plant.  

No comments:

Post a Comment