Thursday, December 20, 2012

Fun Christmas Stats


  Being the awesome person that I am I have scoured the internet for some interesting facts to share with you about this fun Christmas season. I searched high and low, day in and out to come up with some trivia you may not have known. ;)  So without further ado…

* The average shopper walks 5 miles between parking lots, stores, and malls.

* Shoppers are now spending nearly 7 hours shopping online. (So the calories burned walking quickly re-accumulates while internet shopping!) J

* Before the standard red started in 1920, Santa wore green, blue and purple coats.

* “A Christmas Carol” was written by Charles Dickens in 1843. It took him 6 weeks to write it. (Wish I could write that good and that fast!)

* 17% of people will embarrass themselves in some way at office Christmas parties. (There was a year or two that I upheld my end of that statistic!)

* 1 in 3 men will wait until Christmas Eve to finish their shopping.

* People spend an average of 2 hours and 27 minutes wrapping presents.

* The first Christmas card was created in England on December 9, 1842.

* A Christmas wreath hanging on your front door symbolizes a sign of welcome and long life for all who enter.

* The carol “Silent Night” was written for a choir when the church organ broke down.

* 56% of Americans sing carols to their pets! (I admit, I am a part of this statistic too.)

* One of the most popular Christmas songs, “Jingle Bells,” was actually written for Thanksgiving.

* This Christmas the average person will go to one party, sing 5 carols and eat 30 pieces of chocolate candy. (I have accomplished two out of three. And actually exceeded the chocolate part! J)

* For every Christmas tree harvested, 2-3 seedlings are planted in its place.

* Approximately 25-30 million real Christmas trees are sold in the United States every year.

  I hope you got some enjoyment out of this. I like, and learn from these fun fact blogs, and hope you do too! 

  Have you found that you could be any of these statistics? Does your company have a Christmas party? Do you do your shopping from the internet, malls/stores, or both? Are you real or fake? I’m talking Christmas trees, my peeps! Do you do live trees? If so do you go cut them down yourselves, or go to a pre-cut lot?

W.P.I.- Just a few Christmas tree facts… In the United States, there are more than 4,000 Christmas tree recycling programs. Recycled real Christmas trees have been used to make sand and soil erosion barriers and been placed in ponds for fish shelter. Growing Christmas trees provides a habitat for wildlife. Also, Christmas trees can remove dust and pollen from the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment