Monday, December 10, 2012

How Did This Happen?

The days are winding down until ole St. Nick makes his yearly visit. Years past I would be excited about it. Now-a-days, not so much. I don’t really know why I can’t seem to get into the spirit. I listen to the music. We decorated outside, and a little bit inside. I have even watched Christmas Vacation once already. Still, I got nothin.

  I have most of my shopping done. Well, let me rephrase that. I HAD most of my shopping done. I thought I was in the homestretch when suddenly I found myself having to get gifts for my mom from my dad. How does this become possible? I have things I could say, but I will bite my tongue because my family sometimes reads my ramblings. :)  

  Shortly after that revelation I had a casual conversation with my mom. It was then that I found they needed to get something for the Charmed One. Somehow I ended up volunteering for that also. Or did I?

  So in my frustration I started a new type of shopping. While shopping on the internet the other night I ordered something for the Charmed One. Then I ordered something for myself. I instantly felt better. Shopping like this I can handle! One for someone else, one for me. Do any of you all need me to shop for you?

  I guess I wouldn’t mind shopping for other people so much if they had any clue to what they wanted. I am deep into this book now and I have a Christmas deadline I set for myself. I feel as if all my creativity is being put into that book, so when it comes to picking out presents I’m coming up short. Gifts this year may be a little… lame. Heck I can't even pick out a book to read. For two nights I have looked and nothing has grabbed at me.

  I admire the people that put creativity into their presents. I believe that is a gift in and of itself, isn't it? I just wish I had more of it this year. 

  Is your shopping done? Do you have to shop for your parents as well? Are you a creative gifter, or one who goes by a list? Do you have any good book suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. My shopping is never done. I can always find that little something extra special :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, Read On! I seem to be "making" things work this year, and I absolutely hate that.

      Delete