Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Reason To Celebrate


  The only good thing about this month is that it’s just about over. Personally I can’t remember a month being as bad as this one, but hey, I better not think it right? Who knows what will happen next month? I’m not here to dwell though. Actually I’m here to rejoice. Huh? Me rejoice? What is the occasion?

  As I look at the calendar I realize that it has been one year since I started this blog, or rambling, or whatever you may call it. Its been one year since I had the ingenious idea of blogging two times a week in hopes of reaching out to people and trying to make them “like” me. So I want to say thank you to those that “follow” me, or those that come here and read this every once in a while. You don’t know how much I appreciate you taking time out of your precious day to read my thoughts, or wacky happenings.

  According to the statistics I have hit a few of these out of the park. I guess it’s a keyword thing, and I begrudgingly admit that certain words will bring a crowd. I don’t always use keywords. I hate writing knowing I have to use them, because I’m the stubborn one that wants people to find me in the sea of blogs and like me. (I have told you that I’m not the smartest person in the world, right?) Yea, after typing that I realize how dumb I really am. So now you know, if I suddenly use a name like Reba, or P!nk, I may be using keywords. I wish it were that easy though. It’s not. You would be surprised at the blogs that have brought the most view counts. But enough about that stuff.

  Do you want to know another reason why I am rejoicing today?

  Wait for it…

Autumn and Logan, heroine and hero.
  I finally finished my second book! There has been a little bit going on around here so I’m upset about not getting it finished before now. But that is water under the bridge. It’s finished! I’m excited, and sad, and scared all at once. I’m excited that it is done, sad because I will miss them, and scared it won’t be good enough. I find it funny that one character who I thought would have a small part just jumped at me and made me see who she really is. I liked that she basically wrote herself. Any who… It is all still a learning process. I did a few things differently with this one, and I’m sure I will continue to tweak my writing process. Honestly I don’t know if that process is ever exacted.

  So what now? I celebrate tonight. Tomorrow I will begin editing and search for a real editor. I’m fairly certain I have to rewrite the first couple of chapters to reshape it a little. Editing, editing, and more editing will be done. I will spend the next couple of weeks working on publishing credits and possibly query letters. In the meantime the next set of characters has been forming in my head and their story is churning. I can’t wait!

  Thank you again for stopping in! One year down, many to go! Right?

  Has January been a good month to you? What accomplishments are you proud of? Do you know any editors? J How do you celebrate your accomplishments?

W.P.I. - Daffodils are starting to leap up around here hinting that Spring is on the way. They are one of my favorites and make me look forward to the beautiful blossoms of the season to come. Sadly they are very early and will probably get zapped by frost. As we skip into February remember it is a good time to prune trees and grasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment