Thursday, January 10, 2013

Line Em Up 2013


  I’m sitting at my desk looking out the window while I write this blurb I call my blog. After I’m done I will continue to write my current book, which is oh so close to being done. Afterwards I will move into the living room for some reading and television time. I admit most of it is reading time because there are not a lot of shows that keep my interest. Some do though. Some shows are good enough for me to actually pay attention to it.

  One such show is Castle. I absolutely love the writing, the characters, and the tempo. When the writer finally paired the main characters romantically I jumped for joy. The chemistry between the two begged for it, and they have done a great job of keeping them together but not making it the main storyline of every show.

I write romance! I have to love this!

  Another show that makes me put my book down is Grey’s Anatomy. I have watched this show for years, and until this year I don’t recall needing tissues on hand for every single episode. How and why did that happen? But I am sentimental like that. The sappier the better for me! I have no clue what that says about me.

Taylor Kinney
  For singing shows I like the Voice and the X Factor. I cannot believe how many great singers there are in this country. I can’t hold a note say nothing about a tune! Up until this year I watched American Idol, but I am giving that one up. The judges this year just don’t do it for me. But that’s just me.

  I like the shows Revenge, Modern Family, Downtown Abbey, and Rizzoli and Isles. Oh, and I watch Chicago Fire. Okay, so maybe I watch Chicago Fire for Taylor Kinney. Is there really anything wrong with that? I mean, come on, the man is hot enough to start a fire by just looking at him! Okay, I’m moving on.

  Finally I am really looking forward to the return of Smash. It is one of those shows that really grabbed me and pulled me in. It isn’t your normal murder mystery or forensic science lawyerly blah blah. Smash is a musical drama highlighting Broadway. Honestly if anyone would have told me I would have liked that show I wouldn’t have believed them. The storyline just really isn’t my style. I gave it a chance though, and loved it! Again, it has a snarky man with an accent in it. We all know what that does to me!

  What shows make you put your books down? Do you like murder mysteries? Comedies? Drama’s? Do you watch any of the ones mentioned above? What book are you reading at the moment? Me? Jill Shalvis, Instant Gratification, and I love it.

W.P.I.- With the temperature being in the 60’s here this week it has me itching to get back in the garden. Yea, it’s probably a little too soon. It isn’t too soon to plant bare root trees and shrubs though. One could also put out cold season annuals to fill in empty spots. Even though it is January a warm up always creates things to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment