Monday, December 9, 2013

Slowing Down

            “Things move slower in the South.” I don’t know who said it, but I heard it many times throughout my life. Even when I lived in the frozen tundra of the North. I never really understood the saying until I moved to the South over twelve years ago.

            After being here for a while I started to realize that life did move a little slower. It wasn’t really certain people, or anything in particular, but life as I knew it had changed. Not everything was as rushed as it was back in New York. The “right this minute” attitude changed to one of “when I get around to it.” I would say it took some time getting used to this new way of life, but I’d be lying. I’m still not used to it. But it has become a little more acceptable.

            It seems the farther south you go the pace gets even slower. I’ve been fortunate enough to be spending more time in Savannah, Georgia. One thing I noticed here is that Mother Nature moves slower as well.

            This past weekend a lot of the United States dealt with freezing cold temperatures, with wind, freezing rain and snow. Here in Savannah on Saturday I wore shorts and a tee shirt. It was a balmy 77 degrees. Most football games on television on Sunday featured cold and snow. Here it was nearly 60. I’m not meaning to brag, either. I’m trying to make my point.

            I’ve taken pictures to further prove that I think Mother Nature has been affected by the South. After viewing them you can tell me what you think.

Lantana is still blooming!



Ginko leaves.
             I know we are in an area that stays warmer than what I’m used to. And I’m sure that has something to do with why the leaves are still falling here. I think it has something to do with the trees living the southern way of life. J


            Are you from the South? Have you ever visited the Southeast? Is your pace fast, slow, or in between? What has your weather been where you live?

You can also find me at:
http://instagram.com/kellywatson28     (The slightly bigger pics above are from instagram)

http://facebook.com/kellyryanwatson

http://pinterest.com/kellyryanwatson

No comments:

Post a Comment