Thursday, December 19, 2013

Tis the Season for Peppermintini's

      It is the time of year when we tend to indulge a little more on things. I'm not just talking presents, either. Sometimes we tend to eat more sweets like fudge, or candy. Sometimes we just keep over-eating from Thanksgiving through Christmas. What's that? That is just me? Oh. Okay. My bad.

      But sometimes there are holiday parties, family get-togethers, and meeting friends for a drink. And sometimes, especially around this time of year, these occasions may call for alcohol in those drinks. Just sayin. :) Hey now, remember I am Irish. I care for a shot of whiskey every here and there, and I do fancy a Guinness. That is just me. 

      What I have noticed though is that people are very, very, creative when it comes to holiday drinks. I had so many holiday drink pictures in a folder that my normal one post a day on the KRW Facebook page went to two last week for my Thirsty Thursday post. Then I posted another one on Saturday. Surprisingly some of those drink pics get the most responses. So, since it is the season of giving I thought I'd share. If you find one you like maybe you could be the next hit at the family party. So without further ado why don't we start with something a little lighter. How about we start off with a Peppermint White Russian?

      Next up we will stick with the candy cane theme. How about we try a Candy Cane Mojito? 

      Had enough peppermint yet? How about we switch over to cider? Do y'all like cider? I bet you would like this Hot Cider Nog. Doesn't it look yummy?

      If the combination of cider and eggnog don't appeal to you maybe an Eggnog Martini does.

      Let's keep with martini's. Let's swing it back to the peppermint. You know, peppermint is good for your stomach, right? It helps with stomach upset, etc. So if the nog upset you a little try this Peppermintini.

      How's that? Is that enough to make you feel... giddy? I think Santa may want you to leave him one or two. After sliding down chimneys, avoiding getting caught, and eating cookies all night I'm sure he wouldn't mind finding one or two of these every here and there. Just don't leave out too many or we might find a Tipsy Santa Cocktail...

      Of course there are plenty of non alcoholic drinks out there for those that don't care for the spirits! If you Google most of these I'm sure the recipe is available as well. 

      Do you attend many holiday parties? Do they have fancy drinks like these? Are you a martini person? What is your favorite beverage, alcoholic or non?

W.P.I.- Peppermint (Mentha piperita) has been used medicinally for thousands of years. It has a pleasant taste and is a popular flavoring for food and drink. Peppermint has a wide variety of health and medicinal uses. It is used to help treat the common cold, to calm inflammations and to soothe digestive problems. It also has been used to treat pain, minor headaches, rashes, and dry skin. 

The KRW facebook page is found at:


Feel free to follow along!
Please??? :)



      

  

No comments:

Post a Comment