Thursday, August 7, 2014

Spelling is Evereethang

      There are times that I just have to scratch my head. Times that I just can't help but wonder, "What the hell?"

      There are so many times when I just want to spout out, "What is wrong with you?" Or, "What is wrong with America?" One of those times happened just the other day. While at work my co workers told me to check out the sign across the street. I went and looked, nearly choked, and broke out my phone. What did my unbelieving self see?

      

      

      Oh yes. This made me shake my head in disbelief. What is wrong with us? Not only is hiring spelled wrong it looks like it almost says shireings. Who approved this? And does Papa Johns really pay that much? Because really... 

      Sadly this sign stayed like this for a couple days. When I return to work Thursday I'll let you know if it STILL remains. That would be a truly horrible state of affairs. Is it just me, or is the moral compass of the U.S. going to shit? It seems we don't speak, or type, English anymore, but bullshitty slang. Lazy English, as I like to call it. 

      When did the English language start to disappear? Can we bring it back? Does your job/career allow for such indiscretions in spelling? Have you witnessed a misspelled sign lately?

      
      

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha, Great Rides! It was finally corrected today. If I would've owned that company.... :)

      Delete