Thursday, February 2, 2012

Winter? Really??

    I saw daffodils growing in a ditch on my way from home from work the other day. It was January 28. I have to admit that mother nature has spoiled me this winter. If you can call it winter. Here in North Carolina we have had it pretty good. Many of our days have been in the fifties and sixties.
    I grew up in Western New York, near Buffalo, where winters consist of not when you will get snow, but how much snow you will get at once. A dusting was usually pretty good, consisting of only an inch or so. Two to four inches in one snowfall is probably normal. Of course there are the times when mother nature dumps seven feet in twenty four hours. Many in  WNY hold their breath until Lake Erie freezes over. I don't know if that will happen this year. They have had a mild winter also.
    I posted this pic of Hot Lips Salvia for those of you who have a case of winteritis, or cabin fever, or if you are just itching to get outside. Maybe it will help! I still think we will pay for this nice weather sooner or later. If winter has you down just think, Spring starts March 20.

How has your winter been? Do you miss it? What do you do to pass the time if you are snowed in? Do you think we will pay for the mild winter we have had so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment