Thursday, March 14, 2013

Go Green Holiday


  The time has come. My favorite time of year has crept up on us and I haven’t even mentioned it once. Until now.


  That’s right! It’s St. Patrick’s Day, my favorite holiday! The holiday where I remind my family that I’m not sure of their heritage, but I know I’m 100% Irish.

  Since I had to be in my soon to be home city of Savannah earlier this week I took advantage of some of their ways to celebrate the great day. It seems that most of the Historic District celebrates in one way or another. Why? Savannah hosts the second biggest St. Patrick’s Day parade in the U.S. So let me show you some different things I ran into, or one might see on any given St. Pat’s Day.

Fountains flowing green.


Green illuminated buildings.


All green Christmas tree lights strung on live oaks.


Men pretending to be leprechauns.


And men in kilts.


Then there's this...


That is River Street. And that is why I will probably celebrate the holiday in my home!

Here's hoping you all have a great St. Patrick's Day! Whether you drink green beer, eat corned beef and cabbage, or ignore it all together, enjoy. Have fun my lads and lassies, from the top o' the mornin til the little leprechaun shuts your eyelids!

 What is your favorite holiday? Do you celebrate St. Pat's Day in any specific way? Would you celebrate with this crowd or stay in the confines of your own home?

W.P.I. - Did you know that Ireland is free of garden menaces such as Japanese Beetles and snakes? Don't you think that is a good enough reason to move there in and of itself? It is in my mind! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment