Monday, December 30, 2013

The Bubbly

      Every grocery store I visit has displays full of champagne. Now that Christmas has passed retailers have focused on New Year's. I don't really notice any concentration on food so much as I do the champagne.

      It makes me think about it a little. I enjoy an alcoholic beverage, but I don't really get into champagne so much. I have enjoyed a mimosa or two here and there, but I've never sought out champagne. So now I stand in the store and stare at all the bottles of the sparkly stuff. Up for grabs are an Extra Brut, Brut, Dry, Extra Dry, and a few others that I'm not sure of. It's only then do I start to wonder about myself. (Trust me, I always wonder about myself, this is just the first time I wonder about this specific topic.) If I am such a horticulturalist, why aren't I more interested in the wines and champagnes? They are all made from grapes. I like grapes. Grapes grow on vines. Do you see where I am heading with this? Good. Then tell me so I know... :/


      With a new year right around the corner I'm thinking I need to start something new. I think I may need to try some of the bubbly. Let me see if I can decipher the differences between sweet and dry. I like learning things. I try to learn something new every day. Maybe this will be what I learn on New Year's Eve. :) Maybe. 

      Do you celebrate on New Year's Eve? Do you have a drink of choice? Have any insight into champagne? 

I hope you all have a very happy and safe New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment