Thursday, January 16, 2014

About Reading

      Right now I am reading When Snow Falls, by Brenda Novak. I've been at it for nearly a week now and I'm only on page 104. It is a good book, but I'm not into-it into-it. Ya know what I mean? Plus I've been busy lately so my nighttime reading hasn't lasted long before I fall asleep. Even with that being said I am not a fast reader. I never have been.

      Well, maybe I was at one time. When I was a kid I read fast, but didn't remember anything I read. Now I read slow and still only remember certain parts. :/ That can be a pain. But enough about me. 

      Sometimes I visit blogs where people say they read four or five books a week. A week! I will admit that sometimes I read 2 a week. I couldn't imagine having enough free time to read that much in a week. Maybe these people are retired... or... or... Idk. How does one get enough time to read that much in a week?

      Anywho... 

      Sometimes I think it depends on what genre I'm reading. Or if it is a go to author for me. Y'all know I'm the romance girl, right? I like about all genres of romance. Some romantic suspense I read goes very fast, others are more detailed and I have to read slower. My favorite, contemporary romance, I usually read fast. You wouldn't know that with my opening paragraph, but I digress. Like I said, I'm not totally into this one yet. Another favorite, New Adult, I usually read fast. There tends to be a lot of angst in those books, so I try to get through the angst-y parts quickly. 

      I guess it all depends on the book for me. No matter what though, I never read more than two books in a week. That's just me! 

      What are you reading at the moment? Do you find yourself reading faster or slower according to genre? What is the most books you read in a week?

W.P.I.- Did you know that Iris means "rainbow" in Greek, and Iris was goddess of the rainbow in Greek mythology. Wormwood (Artemisia) was named after the goddess Artemis, milkweed (Asclepias) after the god Asclepius, and Hebe after the Greek goddess Hebe.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment