Monday, January 20, 2014

Picturing an Escape

      Please forgive me here. It's crunch time with the move, and I'm writing this at eleven o'clock at night. I'm not complaining though. I just feel like I've been cheating you lately. I just think I've given you a lot of pictures and not a lot of talk. Maybe you like that, I don't know. Hmm. Well, I'm going to give you one more like that. So I apologize in advance if you don't like that, but I promise I will get back to a more normal rant next week. 

      For now though I want to share my latest escape. Trust me, I've needed it. The last month has been one heck of a ride. I need some escapism. If you read my last blog you know the book I'm reading isn't really supplying me with that escape. 

      The following has though...



      It has supplied me with a great escape. I mean, how could it not?

I could picture us living here.


      Have you figured out where this might be yet? 


      C'mon, all that green should tell you something, right? I'll give you a hint, the above picture involves the word Beara.


      I especially like the above picture because it reminds me of a great vacation I took to Maine. Those lobster pots bring back memories. Do you know my escape destination yet???


      Okay, if you haven't figured it out yet I'll tell you that this botanical garden is located in...



Dublin.

      That's right. Ireland has been my reality escape lately. And believe me when I tell you that it has worked wonders. It has renewed my vigor to visit the Emerald Isle. It has taken my hectic life and relaxed me with dreams of what hopefully will be one day. It may sound weird, but just a few minutes of perusing pictures of Ireland relaxes me. It makes my mind wander to the life there. It makes me think of a future vacation.

      It.Just.Takes.Me.Away. 

      In a time when I really need it.

      Did you know where the pics were from? What provides your escape? Where would you visit if you could? Do you like blogs that are long, or short?





No comments:

Post a Comment