Thursday, March 27, 2014

Spring Has Sprung (At least here!)

     I know some of you who read this are on a whole different season altogether, because you are not in the United States. But right now I have to talk about our newest season here, Spring. I'm not sure that much of my family has seen many signs of Spring in Western NY. They were just getting more snow a couple days ago. But where I am Spring has Sprung. Pretty much.

      As I write this we will be in our second night straight of temperatures in the upper 30s. In Savannah, Georgia. My boss thinks this cold comes from me being from the north, and is contemplating shipping me back. Then she thinks twice. ;) I'm told this is abnormal for here, and I hope it is. This hot cold thing we have going on is getting old. 

      But at least we got the hot. And with that little pieces of Spring are showing up here and there. Like this... 

      Or this...
The Maple leaves are coming!


      WAIT! I have a few more, and if you don't think Spring is coming your way, please just believe! ;)




      Please believe, if this is happening here, it is bound to happen to your area too!


      
      I have recently taken all of these on my phone. And remember, I live in the southeast. We are generally warm. Our planting zone is 8, maybe 9. It just depends on where you look! If you are still cold trust me, the warmth will come. 

      Eventually. 

      Has Spring sprung where you live? Where is that? If not, have you seen any signs that it might eventually come?

W.P.I.- The USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map is the standard by which gardeners and growers can determine which plants are most likely to thrive at a location. The map is based on the average annual minimum winter temperature, divided into 10-degree F zones.





No comments:

Post a Comment